All ingredients promote healing and healthy skin.
- coconut oil – antiviral, antifungal, anti-yeast
- olive oil – antibacterial, antioxidant
- shea butter – anti-inflammatory, moisturizer
- cocoa butter – antiseptic, moisturizer
- beeswax – anti-inflammatory
Here is the procedure, and like the other ointments we have made it is nit much more than melt and stir.
- 1 ounce coconut oil
- 1 ounce olive oil
- 1 ounce shea butter
- 1 ounce cocoa butter
- 1/2 ounce beeswax
- In double boiler, add all ingredients and heat until melted.
- After all ingredients have melted take off heat and move to a container that is safe for mixing.
- Mix well
- Let the mixture cool.
- Using a wisk, your stand mixer or handheld blender (not a regular blender), mix on high speed until completely cool and in “whip” form. (f your mixture is runny or not turning into solid form, add more beexwax or cocoa butter – both are solid at room temperature).
Use within one year of making this cream!
This cream is cloth diaper safe!
Our boy has not had any diaper rash problems, most of this is due to his mommy being fanatical about changing his diapers, but I like to think this cream also helps.
Radiantly healthy skin, hair, feet, hands, eyes, and nails. Commercial beauty products make this promise every day and live up to it with varying degrees of success. Stephanie Tourles offers a better solution to everyone frustrated with the endless cycle of expensive, synthetic, famous-name cosmetics that often fall short of expectations. Take control of beauty treatments with homemade products that use safe, nourishing ingredients to pamper the body and soothe the senses.
Tourles, a licensed esthetician, herbalist, and aromatherapist, has developed 175 recipes that are fun, simple, and immensely satisfying to make in home kitchens. Her natural beauty treatments deliver the results promised by department store brands — skin, hair, and nails that glow with vitality and inner wellness. Lotions, scrubs, toners, balms, and masks polish and balance the skin, soothe current problems, and prevent future ones. Shampoos, rinses, and conditioners tone the scalp, boost highlights, and leave hair soft and shiny. The book's whole-body coverage also includes recipes for hand and footcare, nail treatments, shaving cream, and even popular spa treatments such as microdermabrasion exfoliants, detox and cellulite soaks, ayurvedic oils, and herbal cold salves. Most important, there is never any doubt about the purity of these ingredients!
Each formula is clearly presented in recipe style, with notes on prep time, storage, and uses. Many products can be customized according to personal needs, whim, or mood, and they all use readily available, natural ingredients. Organic Body Care Recipes is a natural treasure for every body.