This instructor level workshop will provide you the means to teach the basic knowledge, skills, and attitude essential to the safe and efficient use of a handgun for protection of self and family, and to provide information on the law-abiding individual’s right to self-defense.
Through role-playing and other exercises, you will be able to learn how to present and deliver the information contained in the NRA’s PPITH curriculum to your students.
THIS WILL BE A HANDS ON COURSE. There is a standard expectation that each instructor candidate must pass. You have to be fully comfortable with your firearm, know the safety rules without hesitation, and have a working knowledge of the defensive skillset from the PPITH Student level class
Instructional methodology for teaching the following:
- Basic defensive shooting skills
- Strategies for home safety
- Responding to a violent confrontation
- Firearms and the law
- How to choose a handgun for self-defense
- Continued opportunities for skill development.
- Adequate eye and ear protection
- A working and reliable defensive oriented firearm
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- 2 magazines or speedloaders
- Notebook for notes
- 1-3 ring binder (1″ or 1 1/2″)
- Instructor type clothing and Range/classroom appropriate footwear