I saw this brilliant idea on YouTube and had to share it. A very smart guy figured out how to make a Bottle Cap Fishing Lure out of a discarded beer bottle caps.
He even made a business of recycling buckets of beer caps harvested from local bars until he was sued by beer manufacturers for use of their copy-written logos.
I would link to the website, but it is no longer used as the bottle cap lure guy – it looks like someone else bought it, which is a shame, as the Bottle Cap Fishing Lure is a really cool idea.
All you need is:
- Beer/Soda bottle top
- Split rings
- BB’s or small split shot
- Treble hook.
- Tools are simple also:
- Hammer and small nail/Drill and small bit
- Using your fingers, press the sides of the cap until it buckles
- Before pushing the two ends together, place a couple BB’s or shot into the cavity, so that they can rattle.
- Carefully drill or punch a hole at either end of the folded cap. It may help to slightly flatten the ends with your pliers.
- Thread a split ring into each hole
- Thread a Treble hook into one of the split rings
- Go fishing…
I would love to post pictures of any catch you have gotten using this piece of DIY fishing tackle.