This dutch oven baked beans with hamburger is a great staple recipe, it uses hearty food that is cheap and filling.
One thing you need to watch out for when making this dutch oven baked beans recipe is it drying out, ensure you keep water in the pot.
This is a very hearty meal, and well suited to outdoor cooking, it doesn’t take a lot of effort, just some time, and since it is cooked in one pot – clean up is simple. Which is very nice when cooking outdoors.It tastes good and is easy to make, either in an oven or over a campfire.
In conclusion, since we are using a Dutch Oven, we are practicing for cooking during a disaster.
Dutch Oven Baked Beans with Hamburger Recipe
- 1/2 lb. hamburger
- 1/4 lb. bacon cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup brown sugar1
- Medium chopped onion (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 Teaspoon mustard
- 1 Can pork and beans
- Can chili beans (drain and discard excess liquid)
- 1 Can kidney beans ( drain and discard excess liquid)
- First of all, start by frying hamburger, onion, and bacon together in bottom of Dutch oven.
- When meat is brown, drain off excess grease.
- Add all remaining ingredients, cover, and place hot coals under and on top of the oven.
- Finally, bake for one to one and one half hours, stirring occasionally.