Eggplant Parmesan is one of Genny’s recipe’s. She has been coming up with a lot of good ones recently, but I haven’t had luck at getting her on camera. That is a shame as she is looking pretty good.
She makes this pretty regular as a part of her healthy eating campaign. She even made me plant a lot of eggplant in the garden this year. She grew the one in the recipe. She likes this one, but the boy likes her kale chip recipe better.
Genny’s Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Bread crumbs
- 2 Cups of Marinara Sauce
- Cut eggplant into 1/4 inch think slices
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside to let moisture draw out. This should take about 30 minutes
- Rinse the salt off and blot with a paper towel.
- Dip eggplant in the beaten eggs
- Next coat the slices in the bread crumbs
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit, flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Spread marinara over baked eggplant
- Add cheese
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes