Eggplant Parmesan is one of Genny’s recipe’s. She has been coming up with a lot of good ones recently, but I haven’t had luck at getting her on camera. That is a shame as she is looking pretty good.
She makes this pretty regular as a part of her healthy eating campaign. She even made me plant a lot of eggplant in the garden this year. She grew the one in the recipe.
Genny’s Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 2 Eggs
- 2 cups Bread crumbs
- 2 Cups of Marinara Sauce
- Cut eggplant into 1/4 inch think slices
- Sprinkle with salt and set aside to let moisture draw out. This should take about 30 minutes
- Rinse the salt off and blot with a paper towel.
- Dip eggplant in the beaten eggs
- Next coat the slices in the bread crumbs
- Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees Farenheit, flip and bake for an additional 15 minutes
- Spread marinara over baked eggplant
- Add cheese
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes