DA PAM 40-11 Preventive Medicine defines and establishes programs, services, functions, and procedures for implementing the essential elements of Army preventive medicine; it is to be used with AR 40–5.
This new Department of the Army pamphlet, dated 22 July 2005–
- Outlines the goals of Army preventive medicine (chap 1).
- Introduces traditional preventive medicine topics including disease prevention and control (chap 2).
- Covers field preventive medicine (chap 3).
- Covers environmental health (chap 4).
- Defines occupational health and the preventive medicine components of the Army Occupational Health Program and provides guidance for programs and services to support that Army program (chap 5).
- Defines and provides health surveillance and epidemiology and procedures for deployment occupational and environmental health surveillance (chap 6).
- Promotes soldier, family, community health, and health promotion (chap 7).
- Describes preventive medicine toxicology (chap 8) and preventive medicine laboratory services (chap 9).
- Defines and provides guidance for health risk assessment (chap 10) and health risk communication (chap 11).
- Defines the programs and services within the medical functional area of preventive medicine throughout the publication.
- Provides detailed instructions, guidance, and procedures and delineates the functions necessary for implementing the policies and responsibilities outlined in AR 40-5 where such information is not published in other Army publications throughout the publication.
- Provides reference to other Army publications containing implementing instructions, guidance, and procedures related to Army preventive medicine throughout the publication.
- Prescribes DA Form 3897 (Tuberculosis Registry).
- Prescribes DA Form 5402 (Barber/Beauty Shop Inspection).
- Prescribes DD Form 2493-1 (Asbestos Exposure, Part I-Initial Medical
- Prescribes DD Form 2493-2 (Asbestos Exposure, Part II-Periodic Medical
This 2 DVD set contains over 7 Gigs of US and foreign military manuals and documents including courses, technical and field weapon manuals, training aids, special operations manuals, Army regs, and much more.
This 2 DVD set is $10 with free shipping.