This recipe is a great clone of the famous garlic biscuits served at a chain seafood restaurant.
I use this a a biscuit, but I also use this as a crust on casseroles.
These cat head garlic cheddar biscuits are tasty and easy to prepare.*
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 2 tsp. dried oregano 1/4 tsp. garlic salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together biscuit mix, cheese and garlic powder.
- Add in cream, and stir until well mixed.
- With a spoon or with your fingers, shape the dough into biscuit-sized clumps, and drop onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-13 minutes, or until biscuits begin to brown slightly around the edges.
- While the biscuits bake, prepare the warm butter mixture by mixing together the melted butter, oregano and garlic salt in a small bowl. As soon as the biscuits are removed from the oven, brush the biscuits (while they are still on the baking sheet) with the mixture until they are well-coated.
- Serve warm.
*Note: After reediting this video and uploading it, I had a craving for these biscuits and decided to experiment with using the dough as a topping for a chicken casserole. It was awesome….