Genny is making berry butter. As she says in the video, the recipe is forgiving, you can use almost any amount of fruit or butter to add or subtract from the flavors you desire.
Its pretty simple to make. It is not as easy as my honey butter recipe, and I don’t use it as much, but for a treat it can’t be beat.
- One cup of frozen blackberries, but you can use any fruit. The frozen fruit thawed to about a half cup.
- One tablespoon of honey
- 2 Sticks of unsalted butter (softened)
- Mix ingredients until the butter is light, airy, and well mixed
- Next place a sheet of alumium foil on a cutting board
- Place a sheet of plastic wrap over the foil
- Spoon the berry butter onto the plastic wrap and shape into a log.
- Roll the butter into a log by wrapping the plastic and foil around it.
- Twist one end of the log shut
- Like making sausage tighten the other end in the opposite direction which will compact the butter
- Set the log in the refrigerator for a couple hours to let it firm up (Not strictly necessary)
This berry butter is GOOD.