Babies are expensive…
That was a ground breaking discovery we recently made, I also learned that as my wife transformed into a mother, she became much more demanding. She demands that the baby has the best stuff. While I want the baby to be taken care of, I want to make sure I can afford to buy everything I am told to get.
That is where today’s post comes in, it is much cheaper to make things like homemade baby wipes, and luckily I can show the wife the ingredients and let her know that these are better for the baby and I am not just being cheap…
This is a pretty easy project, and if you have bought wipes in the tube containers, then you can reuse the container. Otherwise you will need to buy a round plastic container with a tight fitting lid
- Roll of paper towels (do not skimp and buy generic, you will need good quality towels that are almost cloth like – this is one thing that quality makes a difference)
- Bread knife – sharp serrated knife to cut the paper towel in half.
- 2 cups of water (boil and then cool to room temperature to kill contaminates or use bottled)
- 2 Tbsp baby shampoo or baby wash
- 1 Tbsp baby oil
- Cut paper towel in half so that you have two smaller rolls
remove inner cardboard
- Mix liquids
- Put paper towel in container cut side down (save the other half for the next batch)
- Pour mix on the towels and let sit for 10 minutes or so until water is absorbed.
- Pull a towel from the center of the roll (it may have came out when you removed the cardboard)and pull it up through the center of your container.