Today’s post is more baby medicine. Not only is this Homemade Diaper Rash Cream a great ointment for diaper rash it can be also used as a full body cream as well as healing ointment.
All ingredients promote healing and healthy skin.
- coconut oil – antiviral, antifungal, anti-yeast
- olive oil – antibacterial, antioxidant
- shea butter – anti-inflammatory, moisturizer
- cocoa butter – antiseptic, moisturizer
- beeswax – anti-inflammatory
Here is the procedure, and like the other ointments we have made it is not much more than melt and stir.
- Coconut oil (all one ounce except the beeswax)
- Olive oil
- Shea butter
- Cocoa butter
- 1/2 ounce beeswax
- In double boiler, add all ingredients and heat until melted.
- After all ingredients have melted take off heat and move to a container that is safe for mixing.
- Mix well
- Let the mixture cool.
- Using a wisk, your stand mixer or handheld blender (not a regular blender), mix on high speed until completely cool and in “whip” form. (f your mixture is runny or not turning into solid form, add more beexwax or cocoa butter – both are solid at room temperature).
Use within one year of making this cream!
This cream is cloth diaper safe!
Our boy has not had any diaper rash problems, most of this is due to his mommy being fanatical about changing his diapers, but I like to think this cream also helps.