I don’t do a lot of projects with alcohol, its less than 1% of my total posts, but alcohol is amazingly useful when used appropriately.
Its pretty easy to make this homemade mint extract
- Pluck the leaves from your mint. You don’t want stems
- Fill a mason jar with the leaves
- Top off the jar with a neutral spirit. I used vodka, but moonshine, ever-clear, or white rum would work.
- Close the jar tightly and store in a cool place for a couple of months
- Shake the jar every couple of weeks
- Lastly, strain out the leaves
Store extract in a tightly closed container in a cool dark place. You could use this in the homemade mouthwash I showed a while back. Or you could use it with your homemade sweet tea vodka for some designer drink. Of course, most people would just use this in cooking.
I don’t care how you use this Homemade Mint Extract, I just hope you find it useful. I also hope you visit the guys over at my little homestead. I really enjoy their videos.