In this August 2015 homestead update, I got the backhoe running and dug some stumps. Unfortunately I had a leak. I tried to keep using the machine, but it leaked faster than I could keep oil in it so I went onto other things.
I painted some posts I cut with a copper preservative. It is nasty stuff to paint with, but it is supposed to protect my wood posts if I bury it. I linked to it in the picture.
After I got the posts painted I went about setting up a track for the sawmill* The plan is to use cement blocks to hold a treated lumber frame so I don’t have my 4x4s sitting on the ground. That should make them last longer. With any luck my track will last until was after the 2020 homestead update.
Mostly though I messed with stumps. I got out 5 large stumps back where I want to build a goat shed. The area backs up to the side of the property line and an old logging trail that goes down to the road.
At this time I need a spot for the sawmill as well as some shade and a place for tools to stay out of the rain. Eventually I want it to be a goat barn/milking area.
I gave up on the track and built one out of a boat trailer.