While I have a rotary extractor, I mostly use smash and drain honey extraction techniques. I do this because i find it easier, I want the wax as much as the honey, and because using homemade foundation, I end up breaking a lot of honey comb in the extractor.
I have been using a large tub, and just smashing the comb up and letting it drain out slowly, but the cheap plastic tub broke and I started looking for a new solution.
What I really wanted was the commercial honey decapping tub that I had been drooling over for a while, but at $129 dollars I figured I could do better.
Luckilly, almost all the commercial tubs have the same statistics and features, and are all almost the same price, so it was pretty easy for me to decide what I wanted once I compared it to the commercial one I have shown in the picture.
In order to make my DIY Honey Decapping Tub I simply bought a large plastic tub, and some screws, a board, and a honey strainer. In total I spent under $50.
The most expensive part was the plastic tote, and the next was the honey gate (linked to below).
Once I figured out where to bolt my frame rest, and drilled the hole for the gate, assembly only took a few minutes.