This PDF on iron poisoning comes from another source, it seems to have been removed from a larger work. I don’t know where it came from, I got it some years ago from a poorly packaged DVD of “survival documents” I found on ebay. But it does a good job of succinctly describing iron poisoning and its basic treatment. The document is only one page long, and it appears to come from a toxicology manual or some other reference for physicians.
I am going to paraphrase whatds in the manual by showing excerpts from the iron poisoning wikipedia page
Iron poisoning is an iron overload caused by a large excess of iron intake and usually refers to an acute overload rather than a gradual one. The term has been primarily associated with young children who consumed large quantities of iron supplement pills, which resemble sweets and are widely used, including by pregnant women; approximately 3 grams is lethal for a two-year-old. Targeted packaging restrictions in the US for supplement containers with over 250 mg elemental iron have existed since 1978, and recommendations for unit packaging have reduced the issue from several fatalities per year to almost zero since 1998.
The first indication of this type of poisoning is stomach pain, as iron is corrosive to the lining of the gastrointestinal tract, including the stomach. Nausea and vomiting are also common symptoms and bloody vomiting may occur. The pain then abates for 24 hours as the iron passes deeper into the body, resulting in metabolic acidosis, which in turn damages internal organs, particularly the brain and the liver. Iron poisoning can cause hypovolemic shock due to iron’s potent ability to dilate the blood vessels. Death may occur from liver failure.Iron Poisoning