Preparing a soap mold by cutting paper[/caption]
In this post I want to show you how to go about preparing a soap mold so that you can make soap.
It doesn’t seem that difficult, but if you do not have some means of extracting your soap from the mold you will find out what “Stuck” really means.
You can use silicon soap molds, but I find that parchment paper in a wooden box is my favorite method of preparing a soap mold.
Preparing Your Soap Mold
- Cut a strip of parchment paper twice as long and three times as large as your mold
- Place the mold in the center of the paper and mark the paper so you can fold it into thirds lengthways.
- Place the mold in the center of the folded parchment paper and mark the paper so you can fold the ends.
- Unfold the paper and cut along the end creases taking care not to cut into the middle of the paper.
- Fold the sides up similar to wrapping a present
- Place parchment paper box inside mold.
- Alternatively (if you don’t mind some crease marks in your final product you can simply press in some thick plastic wrap and tape it in place.