I first saw Ice Cream Bread recipe on YouTube on the Cooking with Jack channel, but after doing an internet search I found several sites that had very similar recipes.
What makes this recipe so nice is how simple it is — it only takes 2 ingredients and just a minute or two of active cooking time.
Here is the recipe:
- Ice cream (it does not matter what kind, but the premium brands have more fat and less air which makes a much better loaf)
- Self-Rising Flour (Must be self-rising and not all purpose or bread flour)
It is almost a one to one mixture — especially after melting. But for my recipe I used a pint of ice cream and 2 cups of flour.
- Set your ice cream in the fridge to melt (I do this the night before)
- Preheat oven to 350 F
- Grease (or spray) a loaf pan
- In large bowl, dump in melted ice cream; stir in flour until just blended.
- Scoop into prepared pan
- Bake 43 to 48 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes
I didn’t really taste the ice cream, but I used a simple ice cream – this was a very easy recipe, and I will probably make it again – especially during the holidays for the neat factor.