My son WT (or as he likes to be called TNTell the YouTuber) has become more and more interested in shooting. To help guide him appropriately I have been working on skills that can help him be a better shooter. Namely being more responsible, thoughtful, and to have a greater attention to detail. Obviously that is hard with a 6 year old, so I try to make it fun.
I got him these 10×42 mm Binoculars to help with the attention to detail. I want him to learn to observe and just see. It is my hope that I can both fuel his imagination and raise his observation skills in a fun way by letting him play with some optics.
On to the review:
I did not really expect much from $25.00 optics, but I have to say, these are pretty nice. They are not toys. They have easy to use controls with one dial moving both sides together.
Here are some features:
- Fully coated optics and lightweight BaK4 roof prism for clear, crisp images even in low light or poor light condition
- Durable rugged rubber housing provides a secure, non-slip hold, and durable external protection.
- Center Focus Wheel requires minimal rotation for quick sharpness from close up to far
- Right-eye diopter is adjustable and twist-up eye-cups for comfortable viewing with or without eyeglasses
- Nitrogen purged for 100% waterproof and fogproof performance. Binoculars comes with neck strap and carry case
Amazon also shows some additional specifications:
- Magnification: 10 x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 42 mm
- Exit Pupil: 4.2 mm
- Linear Field of View: 293 feet/1000 yards
- Interpupillary Distance:60-80 mm
- Height: 5.9 inches
- Width: 5.2 inches
- Weight: 21 oz
The 25.99 Package Includes:
10×42 mm Binoculars, a neck strap and attached lens covers, a carry case, a cleaning cloth and a manual.
With my glasses, I had a hard time seeing through the binoculars, it wasn’t that the eye cups were uncomfortable with my glasses, it was the eye relief. When I raised my glasses the field of view improved. I am not quite ready to blame the binoculars, but this model was a little harder to use with glasses than some others I have owned.
If you can overlook this, or it does not apply, then these Twod 10×42 binoculars are a great value at the $25.99 price.