This is a “clean” french recipe. Genny is very interested in clean eating.
Now when I was trying to grow organic in the front yard and buy grass fed beef direct from a local farmer she thought it all tasted funny, but now that she figured it out its a good idea….
LOL – I am just happy she converted….
So Genny found this recipe and cooked it a couple of times to decide she liked it and now she wants to share her recipe for basic vegetable Tian.
This is vegetable Tian recipe has some flexibility. You can manipulate the vegetables a little bit if desires.
Genny told me I could not replace them with beef, chicken, and bacon so it is not THAT flexible.
Genny’s Vegetable Tian:
- 2 tablespoon Olive oil or Ghee
- 1 large yellow onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- Yellow squash
- 2 medium tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (if desired Genny omits if its only for herself)
- 2 Tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan (If desired)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a round casserole dish with olive oil
- Mince Garlic, Dice Onions, and thinly slice all other vegetables
- Heat half of the heat olive oil in a skillet.
- Add chopped onion and garlic, cooking until soft and fragrant, 5-7 minutes.
- Spread the onion and garlic mixture on the bottom of dish.
- Evenly arrange the sliced vegetables on top, alternating as you go. Once you get all the way around, continue layering to fill the middle until no open space remains.
- Drizzle all over with 1 Tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake covered for 30 minutes.
- Remove aluminum foil and sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan.
- Return to oven and bake uncovered for an additional 15 minutes, or until cheese is golden brown.