Today we make mini apple pie. On a whim I bought the little pie maker set pictured here and started messing with making pie dough and lots of pies. I am new to making pie crust, but I should have gotten into earlier as much as I like tomato pie.
My son was pretty exited about making mini pies, he wanted us to eat them up, but he had to give permission to specific people who could eat them.
This isn’t a recipe or a review, We are just showing the little silicon pie crusts and how they work.
I am sure that if you made a lot of pie crust you would make better pies than I do
This is a pretty cool thing to do with a kid, or if like me, your wife does not allow whole pies into the house due to being “non-supportive” of her diet.
But I will show you the apple pie filling:
- 1 large granny smith apple cored, peeled, and chopped into pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- Mix all the ingredients
- Spoon into mini pies and fill about 1/3 full
- Add egg wash to the top of the dough and then add the tops