In this episode David talks self reliance. Being able to take care of yourself is a vital concept to preppers. But self reliance is not always easy. We discuss:
- You can wait until you have the perfect situation, or you can just get started
- Urban Homesteading, and what food production systems David has at his suburban home
- Essay I,Pencil and why nobody can be truly self-reliant, but everyone should try
- DIY project for making, testing, and storing homemade vinegar
- How David builds his prepping network
Once again, no one can be totally self-reliant because no single person can know or do everything. Additionally even if you can do everything you sure can’t do it all at the same time. Remember TANSTAFL there is no such thing as a free lunch. You will have to bend a little and join or build a team if you want to be truly disaster resistant.
This is a problem for me, I am not the most social person. But I try and so should you.
The show is scheduled for Monday at 10pm central time at this link.
If you cannot listen on Monday, you can always download the podcast for listening at your own leisure.