This recipe is all Genny, she likes these kale chips, but personally I would rather not eat what my food eats – at least not as a snack.
Of course, healthy eating is important, and Genny has a lot of recipes. She tries hard to make things that taste good while being healthy.
her kale chips are okay, but I like this better.
To make kale chips:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Pull Kale leaves from the stem and put in a pot.
- Ensure the kale bits are rather large.
- Add olive oil one teaspoon at a time and toss to cover. You want to cover the leaves but with the smallest amount of oil possible. Otherwise instead of crispy the leaves will be gooey.
- Mix in black pepper or other desired seasonings
- Put parchment paper on a cookie sheet
- Spread oiled kale in a single level on the cookie sheet
- Cook for 7 minutes
- Flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes
They come out crispy and Genny loves these as a snack. We even got the boy to try them and he liked them once he got past the color. I still don’t like them, but that is just me.